SparkMaker FEPvat resin vat
The SparkMaker FEPvat is a great alternative for the standard SparkMaker Resin vat. It’s 3D Printed and made from high quality resin resistant filament. It has brass inserts to ensure the stainless steel bolts keep gripping with time. No more messing arround with little nuts. The FEPvat is build to be strong and functional. Well over a hundred FEPvats found their way into the hands of customers. Some of these VAT’s are in use for more then 12 months now and they still work perfectly. We found one in a corner of the workshop holding resin for more then 6 months! They keep great after many FEP sheet changes, resin changes and cleaning with alcohol. The novelty of the vat is the unique tensioning ring. This ring makes it easy to thighten the FEP film and also creates a double seal that almost guarantees the FEPvat won’t leak. But ofcourse they are not build for eternity, and we cannot make long term guarantees. But hey, we can guarantee they last longer then a Formlabs resin VAT costing three times as much!
SparkMaker FEPvat features
1: Easy to use
We developed a two step sheet mounting system. The first step locks the sheet so it wont move around any more. The second step thightens the sheet till its perfect.
- Step 1
- Turn the FEPvat upside down
- Lay your FEP sheet on the FEPvat
- Press the ring into the FEPvat till it’s flush with the edge. You will feel resistance, just push till it’s flush.
- Insert all bolts and tighten them. Keep the ring flush with edge of the FEPvat.
- The FEP sheet is now locked in place.
- Step 2
- Thighten corner bolts till secured
- Thighten all other bolts till secured
- Ready, your film should be thight like a high pitched drum now!
2: Let it drip
The FEPvat can stand on it’s side. It sits at an angle so all resin will drip out. The wall is formed in such a way that resin always drips out in the center.
3: Let it pour
We incorporated a little spout to make pouring resin from the FEPvat as easy and clean as possible.
4: Not only better, it’s bigger
We made this FEPvat a little higher and slope the side walls to maximise resin volume. And BTW the sharp edge at the front is a great place to scrape excess resin of your spatula after stirring resin.
- 1 SparkMaker FEPvat – 3D printed
- 1 Ring to secure FEP Sheet
- 2 Thumbscrews to secure the FEPvat to the printer
- Stainless steel crew set to secure the ring
- Free bonus for pre-orders before July 15th 2018: 2 sheets of FEP 127HD
Notes and warnings
- FEP film is fragile. During mounting it could get damaged. Always check resin vat for leaks with water before use.
- Images shown are of the first test model.