ResinThe Wanhao D7 FEPvat is an affordable alternative resin VAT for the Wanhao Duplicator D7 (and possible fits similar 3D printers).
The FEPvat you recieve is a 3D printed version. It’s made from high quality filament and has brass inserts to ensure the bolts keep gripping the VAT. It’s build to be strong. We use these VAT’s continues for more then 6 months now and they work perfectly. Even after many FEP sheet changes, resin changes and cleaning with alcohol. But ofcourse they are not build for eternity, and we cannot make long term guarantees. But hey, we can guarantee they last longer then a Formlabs resin VAT costing three times as much!
Wanhao D7 FEPvat Features
1: Easy to use
We developed a two step sheet mounting system. The first step locks the sheet so it wont move around any more. The second step thightens the sheet till its perfect.
- Step 1
- Turn the VAT upside down
- Lay your FEP sheet on the VAT
- Press the ring into the VAT till it’s flush with the edge of the VAT. You will feel resistance, just push till it’s flush.
- Insert all bolts and tighten them. Keep the ring flush with edge of the VAT.
- The FEP sheet is now locked in place.
- Step 2
- Thighten corner bolts till secured
- Thighten all other bolts till secured
- Ready, your film is thight like a high pitched drum now!
2: Let it drip
When you place your FEPVAT on it’s side it sits at an angle so all resin will drip out. The wall is formed in such a way that resin always drips out in the center.
3: Let it pour
We incorporated a spout to make pouring resin from the FEPVAT as easy and clean as possible.
4: Stack them
Ofcourse they are stackable!
5: A VAT with a view
We sloped the side walls and lowered part of the front wall. Now you can peek easier and earlier. And it’s a great place to scrape your dripping plastic spatule clean
- 1 FEPVAT – 3D printed
- 1 Ring to secure FEP Sheet
- 22 M4 Screws to secure ring