Why do i need to (re)write the SD card on my printer?
Your SD card can get damaged. This SD card is the system disk for your printer containing the operating system. Without this Damage on the SD card can occur when:
- There is a power surge on the grid.
- The SD cards wear because of age.
- You switch off the printer with the power button without using the menu first. To prevent possible damage best procedure is to use the shutdown function from the touchscreen, then switch of the power. Warning, never switch off the printer by removing the powercord.
How do i know if my SD card is damaged
- If your printers touchscreen is stuck on ‘connecting’
- When the printer doesn’t respond well, cannot connect to networks or issues that cannot be explained
- When support staff tells you
Where is the SD card
Depending on your printer model there is a SD card inside or on the back of your Phrozen 3D Printer. This SD card is the system disk for your printer containing the operating system.
For models with an internal SD card you would need to remove the case. You can find the SD in the Raspberry PI mounted inside the machine. Its best to use a pair of needle pliers to remove the SD card.
Its best practice to always use a new SD card. If you get a new SD card please make sure it’s the same brand and model as the old one.
Where can i find the Image file
Image files are available on the printers product page download section and here Phrozen OS image files
How to write the image file to the SD card
- Download and install win32diskimager software Download
- Download the image file for your 3D Printer. Phrozen OS image files
- Uncompress the image file if needed
- Use a new sd card when the original sd card is damaged
- Use win32diskimager to write the image file to the sd card
- Put sd card in 3D printer
- Power on 3D printer
The SD card keeps getting damaged
In some cases the SD card has permanent damage. You can rewrite the image file, all looks fine but it will fail again after a while. Its best practice to always use a new SD card. If you get a new SD card please make sure it’s the same brand and model as the old one.